In 2013, the government announced new funding for every state funded school in the country with primary aged pupils; for physical education and sport, in order to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision. We call this funding PE Premium.
Schools have been told that they are best placed to decide how to spend the funding to meet the needs of the pupils.
All pupils will leave Margaretting C of E Primary School physically literate and with the knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport at Margaretting. To increase awareness of leading a healthy active lifestyle. This will include continued improvement in the following areas:
· The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
· The profile of PE and sport increasingly raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
· Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport across the school.
· Sustained participation in competitive sport for all pupils.
· Quality of planning and teaching to meet the needs of all pupils.
· Increased parent involvement in developing healthy lifestyle choices for their children.
· Increased opportunities for pupils to plan, lead and organise sport and physical activity exercises and events.
2021-2022 Sporting Tournaments Entered and Achievements
· Sports Hall Athletics
· Tri-golf Competition
· Archery Competition
· Winners of gold in Tennis Plate Competition
· Medal winners of multi-sports competition
· Active Kids Festival
· Tag Rugby Competition
· ‘Wild Forest’ festival
· Rapid Fired Cricket competition
· Football tournaments within our Trust
· Half termly whole school ‘Personal Challenge’ competitions run by Sports Leaders.
· Dance festivals within our Trust
· Brentwood Schools District Cross Country
What is currently taking place at Margaretting?
· 2 hours of physical education per week.
· Inter-school House competitions.
· Personal Challenge Competitions.
· Links with secondary school PE departments.
How the PE Premium is used
Click here to download our Impact Statement